Permanently Delete Facebook Account
How to Permanently Delete Your Facebook Account
We’ve heard it over and over again, “Ya know, um – you can’t technically get rid of your Facebook account, you can only disable it.” And for a very long time that has been true, up until now.
We all have those friends where one day we see an icon next to their name, indicating that their Facebook has been “deactivated” (to them deleted) and then a few days later, back again. Facebook makes it SO tempting to rejoin again, it is ridiculous. Studies have even shown that Facebook is bad for your self-esteem.
The psychology behind this is that, once you deactivate your account something comes up. It might be a friends birthday party or a death in the family. Whatever the case may be, something arises that makes you want to log in EVER so briefly, “just to check something.”
Before you know it, you are back on in full force. Phone, tablet, laptop, PC – your craving that next status update like its a hit of smack.
Today my loyal readers, I am going to show you how to delete your Facebook account, forever. You see, this is not something that Facebook advertises. They do not want this getting out nor do they prominently list it in their help section. Facebook owns your data, forever.
Note: Facebook still owns all of your data after you delete your account, FYI.
Take the plunge: Steps to Deleting Your Facebook
Let’s get started here:
Steps To Deleting Your Facebook Account
- Get mentally prepped, you can never turn back. Copy any pictures that you want to your computer, host or cloud – because they are going to get “deleted” and you can not get them back.
- CRUCIAL STEP: go to your Facebook Page settings and change your email to a throwaway email that you will forget. Then change your password to something you will never remember. This is a dirty little trick but you are a very sneaky person. You need to protect yourself from you.
- Once you are ready, you are going to navigate to this magical hidden URL that is never talked about: https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
- Follow the steps from there, there will be some instructions telling you what to do. Facebook is going to review your case and delete your account within an undisclosed amount of time. From our internal tests, we’ve seen deletions take anywhere from 1 week to 4 weeks.
- Uninstall all Facebook apps that log in automatically. DO this on your phone, tablet and any other devices that have the Facebook app on it.
- DO NOT LOG IN. IF for any reason you log in, the process will become nullified, and the deletion request will be tossed in the trash.
- Clear all browser cache, cookies and settings. Remove all Facebook bookmarks and shortcuts. Remove anything that might tempt you to go there.
- Fuh get about it, uh? Don’t talk about Facebook or even think about it. You are done with Facebook, forever.
- If you want more information on this, you can find it on Facebook’s help page.
Steps to Confirm Your Account has been Deleted
- Ask a friend or colleague to check if your account exists. If your name remains on their list (even if your picture is gone), the process is not over.
- We do not ever advise this, but if you absolutely must, log in and see. If it does not recognize your username and passoword, your account has been deleted.
- Step #2 is a trick step if you really followed step #2 from the 1st process “CRUCIAL STEP”
You are now the ultimate drama queen. You have deleted your Facebook page and everyone is talking about you. Everyone is now hoping you are ok and incessantly talking about you. Not. No one really cares, a few people might notice but the world will go on.
Now go have fun on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterst, and the 20 other social media accounts you belong to.
Oh, and have you heard about the Dad who paid his daugher $200 to delete her Facebook. Yeah.